The TCP Jumper Spool eliminates metrology and radically reduces installation, transportation and fabrication costs of well jumpers and pipeline spools
Airborne Oil & Gas designs and manufactures TCP Jumper Spool products for hydrocarbon production, water injection, gas lift, and chemicals injection. Their flexibility, light weight and ease of installation are changing the face of the subsea architecture.
The TCP Jumper Spool reduces cost in every single aspect of the value chain:
- Lower fabrication cost as no welding is required
- Lower transportation cost as the jumper spool can be transported spooled on a pallet, reducing vessel space requirements
- Lowest possible installation cost as no metrology is required
- Fast and local end termination with simple and reliable end-fittings
While TCP Jumper Spools are manufactured by Airborne Oil & Gas, end-fittings manufacture as well as assembly allow for operators to satisfy local content requirements. Moreover, the TCP Jumper has some unique characteristics that make life simpler for subsea connector designers:
- Fatigue life is superior, allowing the TCP Jumper to be used in applications where slugging / high fatigue loading is expected
- The TCP Jumper Spool has lower stiffness compared with steel spools and most flexible pipe, yielding lower loads on the connectors
- Stiffness does not change when applying internal pressure
Our TCP Jumper Spool designs and selection of materials are adapted to the specific requirements of each project, ensuring a fit-for-purpose and highly cost effective solution for each project. We manufacture TCP up to 7.5 inch ID, 121 degrees C (250 F) and 10 ksi working pressure.
Installation and in-place analysis
The TCP Jumper Spools are installed either on a subsea pallet with a swivel hook, horizontally with two cranes, vertically with one crane, through a spreader bar or conventional vertical lay system. We can provide assistance and analyse the in-place configuration.
We supply our TCP Jumper Spools with the following ancillaries:
- Bend restrictors
- Bend stiffeners
- Installation ancillaries
- Ballast elements
You can download our TCP Jumper Spool Business Case here