Master / WO
About the job
You will be leading our Composites team and are responsible for all our composite design activities. You will report directly into the Engineering Manager. To maintain our leading position as Thermoplastic Composite Pipe manufacturer, we are continuously expanding our product portfolio, rquiring extensive desing analysis, material modelling and virtual testing. In your role, you will coordinate all composite design activities and you will improve our internal capabilities and procedures. You are enthusiastic and have in-depth knowledge of composite structures modelling and design and finite element analysis.
• Ensure all composite design is performed and documented according to specifications, design guidelines and quality procedures.
• Improve & extend design and analysis tool, provide technical judgement, steer and supervise the technical content of the engineers.
• Manage budget of the department, and contribute to meeting company budget targets.
• Maintain safety awareness within the team.
• Approval and check (depending on RASCI) of documents and procedures.
• Implement and manage quality control procedures, support in improving the procedures.
• Continuous improvement of skills of the team members in a structured planned manner.
• Involved in hiring of new employees.
Skills and experience
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Broad experience with design and analysis of composite components and structures.
• Broad experience with FEA (preferably Abaqus).
• Able to steer and inspire your team.
• Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential, while Dutch language skills is of advantageous.
• Familiarity with offshore applications and markets is advantageous.
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company.
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthousiastic colleagues.
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience.
• Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme.
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment.
• Office location: IJmuiden.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Airborne Oil & Gas demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration on Behavior).
Airborne Oil & Gas (AOG) designs and manufactures the world's most advanced composite pipe systems for the offshore industry. Our brand-new, world-scale manufacturing facility near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, will enable us to meet the fast growing demands of our global customer base and offers room for further expansion. Our unique and proprietary technology is a key enabler for complex on- and offshore applications. It allows our clients to develop fields in deeper waters and significantly reduce time and costs for well intervention and operation in the most aggressive and demanding environments. Our client base consists of almost all major oil companies, service companies and leading contractors around the globe.
The engineering for TCP design and its application is intesgrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Project Engineers are part of the Application Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Teamlead, while working in close collaboration with the Composites Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.
Require further information?Contact