The Business Development Manager is a key role in AOG's growth strategy with full responsibility for generating new business in Africa, one of our key markets. The role encompasses all aspects of business development through lead generation, tendering and negotiation of successful contracts. A complex and challenging region with significant potential. We are seeking a seasoned Business Development Manager with a strong commercial background to join our commercial team with the following key attributes:
• A drive to succeed in acquisition, effective in utilizing and expanding our network in finding new ways and create leads.
• Tenacity in converting leads to contracts. Able to work at several levels in the client's organisation, surrounding the deal and ensuring all stakeholders are engaged positively. Contracts negotiations and deal closing.
• Firm in commitment to our policies towards integrity and business ethics. Zero tolerance for any conflict of interest or breach of policies.
• Technically adept, thorough understanding of "high-criticality" products in a conservative market. Extensive knowledge of the SURF and preferably also SWI markets. Proud of our heritage and technology and comfortable in the face of technology experts and senior management levels within our client's organisations.
• Experienced in complex sales processes, including concept, FEED, ITT etc. Understanding why the deal is "won" prior to ITT.
• Key Account Management, working with strategic accounts on various levels to qualify, target strategic projects and become a preferred and approved vendor.
In this role, the Business Development Manager engages with operators, contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, partners and agents. The Business Development Manager maps the market and determines the most effective roadmap to create a successful introduction of our products. Where and if required, the Business Development Manager selects agents and carries out due diligence where possible.
The role as a high level of commercial independence and includes all elements of complex sales from prospect and lead creation to preparation of the tenders, writing proposals, developing pursuit plans, visiting clients, other stakeholders and negotiation of contracts.
The Business Development Manager is part of the commercial team of AOG, reporting to the VP Europe & Africa and is supported by Tender Management, Proposal Engineering, Marketing and Legal.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Qualified to degree level and/or requisite experience in a senior commercial role.
• Minimum of 10 years in a responsible commercial position in the offshore Oil & Gas industry.
• Specific experience in the SURF area.
• Experience of running complex multilevel negotiations.
• Stakeholder management.
• Experience in working in (West) Africa.
• Experience in contract negotiations and concluding contracts with major clients.
• Excellent communications, networking and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of technologies used in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Able to review and influence contratual documents.
• Excellent knowledge of the English language.
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company.
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthousiastic colleagues.
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience.
• Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme.
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment.
• Office location: IJmuiden.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Airborne Oil & Gas demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration On Behavior).
About the company
Airborne Oil & Gas (AOG) is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in the Netherlands, with offices in Houston and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating worldwide and currently employing 16 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables Airborne Oil & Gas to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost efficient project execution. The atmosphere at AOG is enterprising, pioneering and collegial. Together we are building a unique product.