The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Composite Engineers are part of the Composite Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Team lead, while working in close collaboration with the Application Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.
About the job
We are now looking for a Composite Engineer with at least 3 years working experience! As Composite Engineer you carry out the engineering work to design fit-for-purpose Thermoplastic Composite Pipes (TCP) and all related equipment and ancillaries.
- Create Finite Element models of TCP, end fitting and equipment interacting with TCP
- Perform stress analyses Perform strength, fatigue and creep calculations
- Perform failure predictions (for process quality testing and product qualification testing) and define test acceptance criteria
- Define optimal TCP lay-up Prepare design reports and product datasheets
Skills and experiences
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Fundamental knowledge of composite properties, manufacturing methods, material modelling, constituent behaviour
- Global understanding of composites, TCP behaviour, deck equipment, offshore installation and subsea engineering
- Experience in strength and stiffness analysis (FEA) preferably Abaqus Experience in engineering processes and documentation (reports, drawings, RCA)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Airborne Oil & Gas demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration on Behavior).
- Our offer
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime
- You will be stationed at our office in IJmuiden
About the company
Airborne Oil & Gas (AOG) is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with offices in Houston and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 17 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables Airborne Oil & Gas to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost-efficient project execution. The atmosphere at AOG is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.