About the job
You apply your engineering and coordination skills to supply full fit-for-purpose TCP solutions. You use your knowledge and experience in offshore, subsea or installation engineering to balance product performance, project risks and costs. You will work on both commercial and development projects.
- Perform and/or supervise engineering activities within the assigned projects and ensure engineering documents and project deliverables are delivered on time and within budget. This includes the design of the TCP and all related equipment and ancillaries. Main focus is on the design and analysis of a fit-for-purpose solution that balances product performance, project risks and costs.
- Identify possibilities for improving the competitiveness of our products.
- Provide overall technical support to the Project Manager.
- Report to the engineering Team lead and to the Project Manager assigned to the project.
- Ensure compliance to both engineering as well as project control procedures.
- Provide offshore support where and when needed (site visit, first installation / deployment, etc.).
Skills and experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Offshore or Subsea engineering, or equivalent
- At least 3 to 5 years working experience in the oil and gas industry with a proven track record in project engineering, preferably with relevant offshore experience on installation vessels
- Experienced in detailed engineering and designing according to relevant offshore codes and standards (e.g. DNV, API, ISO, NORSOK etc.)
- Experienced in technical subcontract management of equipment and ancillaries.
- Experienced in offshore engineering, methods of installation / operation and related ancillary equipment such as bend restrictors, bend stiffeners, buoyancy and weight modules and installation aids.
- Familiar with offshore applications and markets such as subsea well intervention, pipeline pre-commissioning and SURF products.
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.
- Good IT-literacy, especially MS Office, preferably also OrcaFlex
- Willing to work offshore when required
- We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme
- We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime
- You will be stationed at our office in IJmuiden
The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Project Engineers are part of the Application Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Team lead, while working in close collaboration with the Composites Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.