About the job
You apply your engineering and coordination skills to supply full fit-for-purpose TCP solutions. You use your knowledge and experience in offshore, subsea or installation engineering to balance product performance, project risks and costs. You will work on both commercial and development projects.
• Perform and/or supervise engineering activities within the assigned projects, ensure engineering documents and project deliverables anre delivered on time and within budget. This includes the design of the TCP and all related equipment and ancillaries. Main focus is on the design and analysis of a fit-for-purpose solution that balances product performance, project risks and costs.
• Identify possibilities for improving the competitiveness of our products.
• Provide overall technical support to the Project Manager.
• Report to the Engineering Team Lead and to the Project Manager assigned to the project.
• Ensure compliance to the both engineering as well as project control procedures.
• Provide offshore support where and when needed (site visit first installation/deployment etc.).
Skills and experience
• Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Offshore or Subsea Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 3 to 5 years working experience in the oil & gas industry with a proven track record in project engineering, preferably with relevant offshore experience on installation vessels.
• Experienced in detailed engineering and designing according to relevant offshore codes and standards (e.g. DNV, API, ISO, NORSOK etc.).
• Experienced in technical subcontract management of equipment and ancillaries.
• Experienced in offshore engineering, methods of installation/operation and related ancillary equipment such as bend restrictors, bend stiffeners, buoyancy and weight modules and installation aids.
• Familiar with offshore applications and markets such as subsea well intervention, pipeline pre-commissioning and SURF products.
• Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch language skills is of advantage.
• Good IT-literacy, especially MS Office, preferably also OrcaFlex.
• Willing to work offshore when required.
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company.
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues.
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience.
• Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme.
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment.
• Office location: IJmuiden.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Airborne Oil & Gas demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration on Behavior).
Airborne Oil & Gas (AOG) designs and manufactures the world's most advanced composite pipe systems for the offshore industry. Our brand-new, world-scale manufacturing facility near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, will enable us to meet the fast growing demands of our global customer base and offers room for further expansion.
Our unique and proprietary technology is a key enabler for complex on-and offshore applications. It allows our clients to develop fields in deeper waters and significantly reduce time and costs for well intervention and operation in the most agressive and demanding environments. Our client base consists of almost all major oil companies, service companies and leading contractors, and covers all regions of the world.
The engineering for TCP design and its application is integrated in the multidisciplinary department TCP Engineering. Project Engineers are part of the Application Engineering team and report to the responsible engineering Team Lead, while working in close collaboration with the Composites Engineering team to develop a full fit-for-purpose TCP solution.