About the job
You are responsible for the definition and control of the continues composite laminate production process that determine the quality of the product (TCP). The role of the Composite Production Engineer ensures that the lines run with the right balance between efficiency (output) and with the right quality (product performance). As a senior engineer you oversee all production processes, you will take into consideration the development work to be done in TCP design, (predictive) modelling and combine it to a unified strategy in composite material processing. It is an all-round function and requires global understanding of all the main engineering elements: process, equipment, controls and mondelling. Furthermore, you have an understanding of statistical process control and the methods of Lean Manufacturing.
• Define and coordinate cost-effective manufacturing campaign plan (process phases).
• Integration of model based (predictive) engineering into plan and execution.
• Define and maintain strategy and vision on development roadmap composite processing.
• Define composite material processing recipes and limits including hardware configuration selection.
• Continuously monitor the process, including Critical To Quality (CTQ) parameters.
• Data analysis and trending.
• NCR handling and reduction projects.
• Evaluate PQS test results.
• Perform Continuous Improvement projects.
Skills and experience
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline like Process-, Aeronautical-, Aerospace Engineering or Applied Phys.
• +/- 5 years work experience.
• Experience with polymer processing for part manufacturing.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent command of the English language is mandatory; the Dutch language skills are preferred.
• We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company.
• You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthousiastic colleagues.
• Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience.
• Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme.
• We offer 32 holidays based on fulltime employment.
• Office location: IJmuiden.
Before entering into an employment agreement, Airborne Oil & Gas demands that (potential) employees apply for a VOG (Declaration on Behavior).
About the company
Airborne Oil & Gas (AOG) is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with offices in Houston and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 16 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables Airborne Oil & Gas to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost efficient project execution. The atmosphere at AOG is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.
You will be part of the Manufacturing Development Team. The team is a multi-disciplinary team with the core focus to develop and improve manufacturing capability and processes. It is the technical driver for step-change continues improvements.