As the first and leading manufacturer of Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP), we have certified our design method, our production and our materials. In addition, we have qualified our products for major international operators, contractors and service companies.
We have qualified our general design methodology and production process in accordance with the new DNV standard for TCP, DNV GL RP F119. This means that Airborne Oil & Gas is the world’s first company to be certified and qualified for the design and production of TCP.
Airborne Oil & Gas has been at the forefront of the development and acceptance of a new global standard for TCP. As a result of this, in December 2015 DNV GL published this new Recommended Practice DNV GL RP F119, intended for Thermoplastic Composite Pipes in offshore applications. It is a design-based approach for qualifying TCP, at the lowest cost possible. It builds on a fundamental understanding of the design, materials and production of the TCP:
- Thorough understanding of the application, including all load cases, temperatures and fluids, both during installation and in service conditions
- Validated design methods, understanding and accurately predicting all the failure modes of the pipe and end-fittings
- Detailed material models based on material testing, showing the behaviour and strength of materials under the influence of time, temperature and fluids
- Proven and robust production, capable of producing continuous length, repeatedly
By combining a solid basis on a materials level with the certified design and production methods, the final product is qualified using a limited number of full scale tests; this minimises both the time and cost involved. We are progressing towards achieving full product certification for all our products.
The Recommended Practice can be downloaded from the DNV GL website, following this link.
Beyond our qualifications under DNVGL, we are qualified by several major operators and contractors in accordance with other standards and client specific guidelines:
- We have qualified the TCP Flowline for several major operators according to API 15S as well as client-specific requirements
- Our TCP Downline is qualified for leading contractors and service companies
- Our TCP Jumpers are qualified for leading operators as well as service companies
We provide training to our clients on our design and qualification methods. For more information on our design methods and qualifications or to provide training to your staff, please contact us.
Our certificates can be downloaded here: